Stevenson Library Digital Collections

Before Bard: A Sense of Place

Since its founding as St. Stephen’s College in 1860, Bard has changed the lives of many in the arts and learning. It has also changed the community it calls home. If a sense of place is essential to self-knowledge, those who live and work in the Bard community can only be enriched by knowing more about those who have gone before.

The students in Bard's Public History Practicum, an on-going student project, have developed this exhibit to help us all understand more about this place we call Bard. Please click on The Place below to begin the exhibit.

Credits

Cynthia Koch (Public Historian in Residence, Bard College)